“They are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Mark 10:6-9
Matrimony, or marriage, like Holy Orders, is a sacrament that consecrates for a particular mission in building up the Church. It is seen as a sign of the love between Christ and the Church, which is established between spouses in a permanent and exclusive bond, sealed by God. The sacrament gives couples the grace they need to attaining holiness in their married life and for responsible acceptance and upbringing of their children.
Planning a Wedding?
If you are engaged and would like to be married here at St. Francis church, please contact the Parish Office at least 6 months prior to your desired wedding date.
To be married in the Catholic Church, at least one member of the wedding party must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
DIOCESAN REQUIREMENTS for the celebration of marriage include:
- 6-month (MINIMUM) notification and the establishment of a working relationship with one of the parish priests or deacons
- Completion of either the Engaged Couple Seminar or the Engaged Encounter Weekend
- Administration and evaluation of a FOCCUS questionnaire, a pre-nuptial inventory
PARISH REQUIREMENTS for the celebration of marriage include:
- Planning the wedding ceremony with a priest or deacon
- Cooperation with the preparation procedures of the individual priest or deacon
- Attend a Natural Family Planning intro session