40 DAYS FOR LIFE PRAYER VIGIL
February 17th-March 28th, 2021
Visit www.40daysforlife.com/manchester for details.
RESPECT LIFE MINISTRY LEADER & VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Are you passionate about Pro-Life issues?
We want to bring more awareness to our parish about Respect Life topics and issues, and we need a volunteer to lead this effort, as well as additional volunteers for the ministry! No experience needed. We will train you, and you won't be working alone. If interested, contact the Parish Office at (603) 424-3456.
To assist the Bishop of the Diocese of Manchester in deepening respect for the life of every human being, and building a culture of life.
Catholic Church teaching is clear. Catholics need to act in support of these principles in public life. We are challenged to be "unconditionally pro-life" (Pope St. John Paul II).
If you don't understand...ask.
- Human life is sacred...no one can, under any circumstance, claim for himself the right directly to destroy an innocent human being. (CCC 2258)
- The life and dignity of the human person is fundamental. Without the right to life, no other rights are possible. (USCCB)
- "Because we esteem human life as sacred, we have a duty to protect and foster it at all stages of development, from conception to natural death, and in all circumstances." (USCCB)
- ...An act or omission which, of itself or by intention, causes death in order to eliminate suffering constitutes a murder gravely contrary to the dignity of the human person and to the respect due to the living God, his Creator. (CCC 2277)
- "I should like particularly to underline how the administration of water and food, even when provided by artificial means, always represents a natural means of preserving life...Death by starvation or dehydration is, in fact, the only possible outcome as a result of their withdrawal. In this sense it ends up becoming, if done knowingly and willingly, true and proper euthanasia by omission." (Pope St. John Paul II)
- Today, in fact...the cases in which the execution of the offender is an absolute necessity "are very rare, if not practically non-existent." (CCC 2267)
- “The death penalty neither deters others, nor brings this perpetrator to understanding, but instead, in the worst of ironies, publicly validates the very act of taking a human life.” (Bishop Peter Lisbasci)
- "Therefore, by the authority which Christ conferred upon Peter and his Successors, and in communion with the Bishops of the Catholic Church, I confirm that the direct and voluntary killing of an innocent human being is always gravely immoral. This doctrine, based upon that unwritten law which man, in the light of reason, finds in his own heart (cf. Rom 2:14-15), is reaffirmed by Sacred Scripture, transmitted by the Tradition of the Church and taught by the ordinary and universal Magisterium." (Pope St. John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae)
- "Induced Abortion is always bad for the woman, physically and emotionally. It is a premature, willful and violent penetration of a closed and safeguarded system, in which nearly every cell, tissue,and organ of a woman's reproductive system has been activated to carry out the function of sustaining and nourishing the developing child.Violation of that integrity can lead to serious complications." (Dr. Daniel Martin, MD)